How to TREND on Instagram Using Hashtags
by Marie Ann Altuve on Jan 19, 2022
Hey friend! How’s your instagram doing?
Do you feel like you spend hours and hours creating the perfect post but find that no one is seeing it?
Do you freak out over the likes, comments, follows, and all that vanity metric jazz?
Hi, I’m Marie Ann and I’m an Instagramaholic. I spend way too much time on Instagram looking for dog memes, outfit inspiration, and ways to get my content out there.
I have found that the BEST way to get my Instagram noticed is using hashtags!
If you sign up for my email, I will send you a link to my hashtag library for FREE. Just make sure to scroll down at the end of this post to sign up for some tips, tricks, updates, and access to the growing freebie library!
You may be thinking, “I already USE hashtags and the stupid Instagram algorithm isn’t working for me!”
I HEAR you! Trust me when I say that the Instagram algorithm is working FOR you.
Instagram’s goal: have its users come back each time
Algorithm’s goal: have your followers come back each time
Your goal: keep your followers eyes on YOU! The longer they spend their time on you, your ranking goes up & they’ll keep going back to IG for YOU!
When it comes to hashtags, your goal is to end up on the Top 9 of the Hashtag and stay there for a few hours! That’s why I’m going to show you how I TREND on my Instagram (@marieannaltuve and @selfmadebabe.co) using the RIGHT hashtags.
I, also, like to add a branded hashtag to my posts so that people know where to find me specifically! My branded hashtag is #selfmadebabe and currently has under 500 posts! That’s why you see me hella trending there.
Let’s dive into my Hashtag Formula & How to Research Hashtags!
How To Research Hashtags:
- Search a generic hashtag for your niche.
- Scroll through related hashtags.
- Click on multiple related hashtags until the number of posts decrease.
- Check within each hashtag who is on the Top & Recent page.
- Ask yourself: are these people my ideal audience?
- If yes, skip to #8.
- If no, keep scrolling through related hashtags until you FIND your target audience.
- Use these hashtags in your post (in caption or comment). You must comment your group of 30 hashtags within 1 minute of posting! If you exceed 30 hashtags, your photo or comment WILL NOT post (you’re going to have to delete a few hashtags).
- Make a note document on your phone and save all your hashtags so that you can copy and paste every time you post!
- Do your research again and make 3 lists of 30 different hashtags.
- Change up your group of 30 hashtags each time you post.